Helpline open 9am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday
Webchat available: Tuesday & Wednesday 1:15pm-5:30pm and Thursday 9am-1:15pm
LawCare offers training for legal workplaces and organisations. Why choose LawCare for your training?
What we offer:
What we need:
Evaluation forms will be distributed for completion at the end of the seminar so that we can continue to improve our training. A summary of the scores/comments can be made available if requested.
As a small charity we rely on donations to support us in our work, so we offer training in return for a suggested minimum donation plus travel expenses. Suggested donations:
Below is an overview of our training seminars. We are happy to discuss adjusting the content to meet your needs.
1. LawCare: An introduction to our support
Aim: To introduce LawCare, our remit and answer questions
Length: 30-60 minutes depending on Q & A and time of day
Suitable for: all those who work within legal practice
2. Staying Well, Working WellAim: To develop an understanding of the aspects of legal practice that can compromise wellbeing and practical steps to address these and improve wellbeing
Length: 60 minutes as a presentation, 90-120 minutes with interactive exercises
Suitable for: all those working in legal practice
3. The Legal Brain: thinking like a lawyerAim: To understand how the thinking styles of lawyers can impact wellbeing and introduce practical strategies for managing these positively.Length: 60-90 minutes
Suitable for: all lawyers
4. Creating a Mentally Healthy WorkplaceAim: To develop an understanding of the practical steps organisations can take to create mentally healthy workplaces, where staff thrive rather than just survive.Length: 60-90 minutes depending on level of participationSuitable for: all those working within legal practice, particularly those with managerial responsibility
5. Vicarious TraumaAim: To develop an understanding of how your work as a lawyer can have an emotional impact on you and how to manage this.This training is delivered by our staff member Mary Jackson, who is both a solicitor and qualified BACP counsellor.
Length: 30m (an overview) 120-180m (with exercises/interaction) limited to 20 attendeesSuitable for: all lawyers who work with emotionally challenging clients, e.g. criminal, PI, Clinical negligence, Family, Immigration.
If you’d like to arrange training for your firm, group or organisation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:• Name of firm, organisation or group• Contact details• Location• How many attendees are expected• Audience (partners, all staff, etc.)• Preferred training presentation• Suggested dates – please note that we are more likely to be able to accommodate your preferences if these are at least six weeks ahead
Subscribe to our free quarterly newsletter and updates
You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will treat your information with respect. More information about our privacy practices is on our website. By clicking below, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.’